Code of Ethics
Fiduciary: A fiduciary is an individual or firm occupying a special position of trust and confidence, the highest standard in law. A fiduciary must act in the best interest of the client, without regard to the fiduciary’s financial interest.
Fee-Only: The advisor’s only method of compensation is a fee: Asset-based, fixed, or hourly. Real Fiduciary™ Advisors do not accept any type of commission for the sale of financial products, transactions, or revenue sharing.
Validation: Real Fiduciary™ Advisors validate their fiduciary practices by publishing:
- The Institute’s Real Fiduciary™ Practices.
- Online content that educates investors about fiduciary issues.
Real Fiduciary™ Advisors agree to:*
- Serve our clients as fiduciaries at all times.
- Only accept compensation paid to us by our clients.
- Avoid conflicts to the best of our ability.
- Disclose and explain important information and agreements verbally and in writing.
- Maintain our designations with ongoing education of knowledge and skills.
- Provide advice based on clients’ goals, circumstances, concerns, and tolerances for risk.
- Disclose clients’ fees and expenses in writing.
*The Real Fiduciary™ Code of Ethics summarize the Real Fiduciary™ Practices of the Institute for the Fiduciary Standard. Our advisors commit to meet these practices. Email firstname.lastname@example.org. View the Real Fiduciary™ Practices, at: https://thefiduciaryinstitute.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/Real-Fiduciary-Practices-2019-02-22.pdf